If you bought a health insurance plan through the healthcare marketplace in 2014, and want to renew or change plans for 2015, you need to take action by December 15, 2014 so any changes or updates to your coverage take effect January 1, 2015. Learn about your coverage options and steps you’ll need to take to ensure that you are covered in 2015.
The Open Enrollment period for 2015 coverage is November 15, 2014 to February 15, 2015.
If you haven’t enrolled in 2015 coverage by February 15, you generally can’t buy Marketplace health coverage for 2015 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Deadlines if you have 2014 coverage
- If you’re enrolled in a 2014 Marketplace plan, your coverage ends December 31, 2014. This is true no matter when your 2014 coverage began.
- To continue health coverage in 2015, you can renew your current health plan or choose a new plan through the Marketplace until February 15, 2015.
- If you want a new plan to start January 1, 2015, you must renew or change your plan by December 15, 2014. Learn about your 2015 options if you have 2014 coverage.
2015 Enrollment and Coverage Start Dates
During 2015 Open Enrollment, if you enroll or change plans:
- Between the 1st and 15th days of the month, your coverage starts the first day of the next month.
- Between the 16th and the last day of the month, your coverage starts the first day of the second following month. So if you enroll on January 16, your coverage starts on March 1.
- Between February 1, 2015 and the deadline of February 15, 2015, your 2015 coverage begins March 1, 2015.