Other ways to donate

Amazon Smile--you shop Amazon gives

In addition to cash donations, there are many other ways you can support the American Sexual Health Association.

Memorial and Tribute Donations

Make a gift in honor or in memory of someone special. This is a unique and wonderful way to acknowledge them. A letter will be sent to his or her family to inform them of your generous gift, though the amount of your contribution will remain confidential.

Matching Gifts

Your gift could be matched dollar for dollar! Many companies offer matching gift programs that will double, even triple, a donation's value. If you have questions about your company's matching gift program, please contact your human resources office.

Workplace Campaigns

Does your employer participate in a United Way Campaign, a State Employees Combined Campaign or the Combined Federal Campaign? ASHA benefits from campaigns throughout the country and we thank you for your ongoing support!

If your company participates in a United Way campaign, simply designate ASHA on your giving form. Please check with your human resource directors for more information.

Donate Stock

Electronic Transfer: The most common method of gifting Securities to the American Sexual Health Association involves your broker electronically transferring shares. Shares can be transferred to ASHA via Northwestern Mutual Investment Services. ASHA's account number is QW1205105 and our DTC number is 0443. Typically a letter of instruction - signed by the account owner - is the only required documentation needed. The letter of instruction should include ASHA's DTC number and account number. If you have questions, please contact Lynn Barclay at (800) 552-4375.

Physical Transfer: You can forward your stock certificate(s) directly to ASHA. Each stock certificate requires a stock power form. The stock powers should be signed and the signature guaranteed by your local bank or broker. Mail the stock powers, along with a letter indicating your intent to make a gift, to the address below. Under separate cover, send the stock certificate(s) to the same address. For additional protection, we recommend that you send the certificate(s) via registered mail.

Planned Gifts

What are planned gifts? Planned gifts include gifts through your will (bequest), gifts of life insurance and charitable trusts.

Bequest: Many of our supporters make charitable gifts by naming the American Sexual Health Association as a beneficiary in their wills. The federal government encourages these gifts or bequests, by allowing an unlimited estate tax charitable deduction.

There are three different types of bequests:
  • Specific Bequest: You designate a specific dollar amount, specific percentage, or specific property to the American Sexual Health Association.
  • Residual Bequest: Your estate will pay all debts, taxes, expenses, and specific bequests. The remaining amount--the residue--will be transferred to the American Sexual Health Association.
  • Contingent Bequest You can ask that the American Sexual Health Association receive all or a portion of your estate only under certain circumstances. For example, you can name the American Sexual Health Association as a beneficiary of your estate only if there are no surviving close family members. Childless couples sometimes provide for the entire estate to go to the surviving spouse, or if the spouse does not survive, to the American Sexual Health Association.
Gift of Life Insurance: Some supporters donate life insurance policies that were purchased years ago to provide for children or other family members and are no longer needed.

If you have already made a plan to give to the American Sexual Health Association in your will or estate plan, please contact us. We realize that with your special gift, you consider us to be part of your family, and we want to do our best to keep you informed as to how your gift will be used and to give you the opportunity to tell us of your wishes.

Lynn Barclay
American Sexual Health Association
P.O. Box 13827
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
(800) 552-4375