Continuing Education for Health Care Providers
In addition to other resources for health care providers, ASHA offers free online continuing education activities available for free CE credit. Current offerings include a webinar on improving chlamydia screening rates and two activities addressing genitourinary symptoms of menopause. CE credit is available upon completion.
Improving Adolescent and Young Adult Sexual Health through Routine Screening and Preventive CareAfter completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Recognize the importance of proactively addressing sexuality issues with adolescent and young adult patients.
- Identify STI screening guidelines for adolescent and young adult populations.
- Describe an opt-out strategy for chlamydia and gonorrhea screening in an adolescent patient population.
- Utilize language that normalizes chlamydia screening and makes it a routine part of care.
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about TrichomonasAfter completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Choose appropriate diagnostic testing strategies for trichomonas with high sensitivity and specificity (>90%).
- Prescribe treatment for patients with trichomonas and their partners according to the updated 2021 CDC Treatment Guidelines
- Answer patient questions with concise, comprehensible counseling messages/
- Assess risk factors for trichomonas and determine appropriate patients for screening according to the 2021 CDC guidelines.
Get sexual health resources, education, and more
Sign up for ASHA’s enewsletter designed for health care providers to get the latest on resources for both you and your patients. You can unsubscribe at any time.