Your contribution means we can continue to provide vital services that help use promote sexual health, advocate for sound policies and practices, and educating the public, professionals, and policymakers. All donations are tax deductible.
Interested in donating to our work in cervical cancer education and prevention? Visit the National Cervical Cancer Coalition, our program dedicated to that work. Interested in donating to another specific area? Contact Lynn Barclay via email or by phone at 919-361-3125.
Other Ways to Donate
Electronic Transfer: The most common method of gifting securities to ASHA involves your broker electronically transferring shares. Shares can be transferred to ASHA via Charles Schwab. ASHA’s account number is 4973-9917 and our DTC number is 0164. Typically a letter of instruction—signed by the account owner—is the only required documentation needed. The letter of instruction should include ASHA’s DTC number and account number. If you have questions, please contact Lynn Barclay at 919-361-3125.
Physical Transfer: You can forward your stock certificate(s) directly to ASHA. Each stock certificate requires a stock power form. The stock powers should be signed and the signature guaranteed by your local bank or broker. Mail the stock powers, along with a letter indicating your intent to make a gift, to ASHA, PO Box 13827, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Under separate cover, send the stock certificate(s) to the same address. For additional protection, we recommend that you send the certificate(s) via registered mail.
Many of our supporters make charitable gifts by naming ASHA as a beneficiary in their wills. The federal government encourages these gifts—or bequests—by allowing an unlimited estate tax charitable deduction. There are three different types of bequests:
- Specific Bequest: You designate a specific dollar amount, specific percentage, or specific property to ASHA.
- Residual Bequest: Your estate will pay all debts, taxes, expenses, and specific bequests. The remaining amount will be transferred to ASHA.
- Contingent Bequest: You can ask that ASHA receive all or a portion of your estate only under certain circumstances. For example, you can name ASHA as a beneficiary of your estate only if there are no surviving close family members. Childless couples sometimes provide for the entire estate to go to the surviving spouse, or if the spouse does not survive, to ASHA.
- Gift of Life Insurance: Some supporters donate life insurance policies that were purchased years ago to provide for children or other family members and are no longer needed.
If you have already made a plan to give to ASHA in your will or estate plan, please contact us. We realize that with your special gift, you consider us to be part of your family, and we want to do our best to keep you informed as to how your gift will be used and to give you the opportunity to tell us of your wishes.
American Sexual Health Association
P.O. Box 13827
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
We Value Our Donors
- You can have confidence that we are effective and efficient stewards of your gift.
- You will be treated as a partner in creating a sexually healthy nation—with respect, gratitude, dignity, and recognition.
- You will be connected to a community of givers who are making a difference.
- You continue a proud tradition of helping those most in need in creative and innovative ways.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailing on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration, or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at ASHA, Development Office, PO Box 13827, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709.
Except as described in this policy or at the time we request the information, we do not otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties. Further, ASHA will not sell or trade your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
Last update: January 10, 2017