What is Cervical Health Awareness Month?
The United States Congress designated January as Cervical Health Awareness Month. More than 14,000 women in the United States are diagnosed with invasive cervical cancer each year, but the disease is preventable with vaccination and appropriate screening.
During January the National Cervical Cancer Coalition (NCCC), a program of ASHA, works with its many chapters across the country to highlight issues related to cervical cancer, HPV disease and the importance of early detection and prevention.
Visit NCCC’s #CervicalHealthMonth page for an array of tools including:
- A proclamation you can send to your mayor or other local or state officials
- An ASHA/NCCC press release
- Free downloads including posters and an ebook
- Sample social media content
- Podcasts, videos, and more
- Resources for professionals including free CE.